REG is a one-of-a-kind sector partnership that evolved from the Road Maintenance Task Force in 2012. The partnership achieves results through the collaboration of local government transport teams, Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency and LGNZ
The REG partnership is focused on delivering change that will transform the transport sector and supports Road Controlling Authorities to understand the changes upon them as described in Waka Kotahi strategy and the Government Policy Statement
The REG work programme brings all levels of transport planning and delivery together around the goals, strategy and expectations of the GPS. A diverse number of projects and programmes connect people to build capability, enable innovation and develop customer-focused systems.
Sharing information and building knowledge helps the sector to understand the performance of their part in the wider transport system.
REG tools enable the transport sector and individual organisations to measure performance. Major activity includes:
- One Network Road Classification and the Performance Measures Reporting tool
- Learning and Development Programme
- Data Quality Reporting
- Asset Management Competency Framework
- REG Business Excellence Framework
- Road Controlling Authority Reports
- Building sector confidence to procure and deliver key services to communities.